Saturday, March 9, 2019

SOL #9 Follow that Wiener!

 The two of the are completely annoying me and I am that horrible mother that gets those sideway glances.  Im mad at them, mad at myself for getting annoyed and for not finding a way to tame them. "Its Daddy's birthday. I want to tell him how good you two were." Nope. That didn't entice the loud pinballs that I birthed. I grab my two loves by the upper arm and warn them out of the side of my mouth as we head out the door of errand number one and go on to errand number two.
"No."
"Put it down."
"Shh."
"Get off of your brother."
"No."
"Stand still."
"Because."
"Because No."
Breathe
One last errand to go.  Thank goodness. And then, in my rear view mirror, I see the tail of the Oscar Meyer Wiener Mobile.
"Hold on boys!" I say in a u-turn that would have made Bo and Luke Duke proud. I think it stayed on the service road so I petal to the metal on to the expressway!
I get off the next exit and just around the turn the Wiener wags. "I see it!" Sean yells!
"Go Mom! Get it!" whoops Liam.
HONK HONK HONK HONK! I triumphantly pull up along side the Wiener mobile, window down, waving like a lunatic.
Wiener driver dismisses me but the boys are laughing and I am not that mom anymore.

6 comments:

  1. Great voice here. I love only hearing your side of the "No-No-stop it" dialogue. Too familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You caught up with the Weiner truck and stayed in the moment with you kids. Great fun and good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bo and Luke duke reference. nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your slice brought back memories of many days of running around when my sons were young. Thank goodness something came up to stop the downward spiral. I liked your use of dialogue and inner thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is hilarious! And I love the Dukes of Hazard reference! It's the little things that can turn a day around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not that mom anymore! We have to celebrate the moments. And you know what? They'll remember this forever.

    ReplyDelete