Wednesday, March 27, 2019

SOL #27 Oprah's On

I miss Oprah. 
I use to spend every day with her.  Somedays we laughed and were silly.  Somedays we got into some serious stuff.  She was the perfect person to spend my after school/ work time with.  My roommate once came into the apartment to tell me something and I hushed quickly, "Oprah and I are talking." She really got me and she made me think in different ways. She validated me. What Would Oprah Do?
There hasn't been a show like that again. 
Not that I would even have the 4:00 - 5:00 time to even watch tv. 
Maybe I miss the wasting time that I use to have. 
Or maybe I still waste time in different ways.  Instead of flipping channels, I'm flipping facebook statuses.
No.
I miss Oprah.

2 comments:

  1. I watched her when I was much younger and many times she really made me think! WWOD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oprah is such a model for so many. My time waster of way back when was soap operas- who would have time for that now?

    ReplyDelete