Sunday, March 10, 2019

SOL #10 Mommy is Coming Home

My Mommy is coming home! My parents have been on a cruise in New Zealand and Australia for two weeks. How wonderful that my parents can celebrate their relationship and the hard work of their youth with these wonderful trips.
I miss my mom being home and a phone call away. I did call her one day as I was leaving work.  It was 4:00 pm Wednesday for me but it was 8:00 am Thursday for her.  It felt like my parents time traveled. I know she misses me and the boys too.  It will be good to have them home.
I wonder if my husband and I will be able to enjoy retirement like my parents. We started a lot later than my parents.  My parents were in their young twenties when they started their family. John was in his forties and I was in my thirties when we got married.  I worry that we will have to work longer to make sure that our young children are stable in their own lives.
This slice is making me too anxious.  I just want my Mommy home.

5 comments:

  1. How sweet. I hope my daughter looks forward to seeing me this much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. You did a nice job of showing that anxiousness in the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice. I love that you appreciate your mom while she is still with you. My blog was about my mom today and she's been gone for six years now ITs hard for me to even read what I wrote today without tears. Keeping enjoying her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom lived in China for two years, and that was difficult. Just knowing that she was 24 hours away made all of us anxious so I know how you feel. She'll be home soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely that you (and your boys) have such a great relationship with your parents (and mom in particular). I live soooo far away from my parents (and my now adult sons) that I miss this kind of consistent in person relationship. Your slice made me miss that closeness.

    ReplyDelete