Monday, March 11, 2019

SOL #11 On Not Meeting the Challenge


So I did not meet the commenting challenge.
I did comment over 30 posts.
I enjoyed reading some very interesting posts.
I laughed at funny posts.
I saw myself in others.
I admired craft of other writers.
I found topics for future posts.
I discovered formats for future posts.
I uncovered ideas to try with my student writers.
I learned about books that I should read.
I learned about books my students should read.
I recognized the names of writers who commented on my posts.
I became more of a part of this writing community.
I discovered that challenges are not just for meeting.
I appreciated the journey.
Image result for challenge clipart

8 comments:

  1. "Challenges are not just for meeting"--I LOVE that!! I am so glad you discovered so many great things when you commented so much. I try to comment on 20 or so blogs a day during March and all of these are the reasons why. I get so many great ideas for writing and I discover so many wonderful new writers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, due to a lot of constraints I did not meet the challenge, maybe about the same as you, but I agree with everything you wrote about how much more you learnt than trying to meet a challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you for making the attempt and look at all the wins! I spent quite a bit of time responding to comments on my slice yesterday and also enjoyed feeling more connected to the community, getting to know a few new people and thinking alongside many others. Your post shows how an attempt can introduce us to unforeseen and unanticipated benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may not have met the commenting challenge, but you sure did gain so much! Still a win for you! I love this writing community for all those reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And those 30 people are grateful that you took time to read and comment! 60 is a lot, but everyone that you reached out to is lifted by your gift of being their reader. Kudos to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Journey trumps destination -- and nets you a slice in the process! I commend your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It ia always inspiring to read so many posts and you gained much. I knew I would not be able to achieve the goal, due to a busy weekend, but appreciated the reminder to reach out more. It is a pretty special community.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finding time to comment on so many posts is so hard - and yes, I am backtracking today because life took over! The journey is the most part of this challenge. I enjoy stopping by and reading your words.

    ReplyDelete