Saturday, March 23, 2019

SOL #23 Laser Mom

Tonight I played laser tag!!  What a blast! Ha! I showed no mercy to those seven and eight-year-old boys and girls.  Yup! I was the crazy mom that joined in.  My husband and I were the only volunteers to suit up.  My boys insisted I be on their team.  We made Daddy join the other team.  My team won the first game and the other team won the second game.  I did, however, have the second highest score, which was higher than my husband', so that is really the only thing that counts.
"You got me!!!!  Aghh! 
One little boy kept telling me he found a new base for us to hide in.  
Two evil girls with black light teeth kept chasing me and delighted in shooting me.  
There were times I was surrounded by small people with vengeance in their eyes but smiles on their faces.  All were yelling lines they must have learned from TV or movies.
"FBI!!  We're coming in!"
"Cover me!"
"Retreat! Retreat!!"
The room was hot, smelled like kitty litter and I was sweating my Mommy butt off but we had the best time.
Pepsi and ice cream cake never was so refreshing.


Tomorrow..... Dodge ball!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you enjoyed it, but you lost me at kitty litter and sweat- neither smell one I like:) Good for you for being that mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the action in this piece, and your voice shines through in it too! My husband was outside shooting baskets the other day, and when he came in, my daughter (who is a 3rd grade teacher) says, "Oooh...you smell like cold recess sweat." Isn't it funny how we name smells! Great slice!

    ReplyDelete