Friday, March 1, 2019

SOL #1 February End Resolutions

Making resolution for the new year is so 2018.  I have just realized that I have made some promises to myself to begin at the end of February.
I've promised myself to make a commitment to writing everyday, getting back to healthy eating and getting my butt on the treadmill everyday.
I started getting myself healthier over the summer.  I committed myself to eating right, pushed myself to do cardio everyday and weight train twice a week.  Besides the weight training, the healthy habits have fallen by the wayside since the holidays.  Today, I went on the treadmill and set my alarm to wake up to do it again tomorrow.  My portions and choices of food were healthy today and my food is prepped for tomorrow.
Prepping myself for the week of teaching I came across Slice of Life challenge.  This is something that has intrigued me in the past but I never committed to it.  So here it goes with my first slice.
Why the gung-ho ness at the end of February?
Why not?
The winter is coming to an end and I can almost feel spring coming.  Perhaps I will be the crocus this year, the first to emerge.
slice of life_individual

3 comments:

  1. Your reasons seem like the PERFECT ONES to accept this challenge. Writing is as much exercise for the mind like the treadmill is for your body. Welcome to the SOL challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not try it? Dive in heard first and have a wonderful month! Delighted you're taking the plunge. (Too many diving-related metaphors... I know!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the image of you being a crocus, first to emerge. The first of the year gets way too much press. I think an end of February commitment is the perfect time. Welcome to our community. It's a challenge you'll enjoy!

    ReplyDelete