Thursday, March 7, 2019

SOL #7 Today I Wrote Crap

Today is a day I can't write.  I was inspired by other slices.  I used the #DWHabit from yesterday to inspire my students to write and they did beautifully.  My students were sparked by Paula Bourque musical writing incentive.  One student wrote this long beautiful thread of a dream within a dream.  Another student wrote a skit. One wrote a silly little poem.  I wrote crap.
I'm even struggling to write now.  The boys have interrupted me several times and now the younger one has said Mom or Mommy a kagillion times. He has developed a new fear of our cat. He is in the kitchen now crying, claiming he is trapped.
It was a successful day in that my student writers felt excited about writing and asked for more time. Today is not about my writing.

9 comments:

  1. Hahaha! We all get days like these and you at least used this forum to get some of it out! Hope your cat is nice to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the laugh you gave. Is kagillion really a number? I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are real. Your life is real. Kagillion is indeed number.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the elongated Moooommmmmmmyyyyyyyyy that really gets to me. Of course, that is usually the kagillionth time he has attempted to get my attention. :)
    Find comfort here, among us who empathize. Good for you for posting today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way too. I wrote my post but felt no voice in it. I am sure I will revisit it at a later date and revise it. But it is there. Just like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just came to comment that your teaser, "Here is a slice of crap," won the post today, made me laugh out loud, commiserate a bit (because I offered up a slice of crap yesterday), and made me think how many students could benefit from seeing us, their teachers, confront the reality that sometimes you just can't do it. You can't make the writing come, and that's okay, because you get more chances. Lots of benefits from your slice of crap! Thanks for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. But you showed up here, even though you thought you did not have anything to say, so good for you! Some days are like that, eh? Lots to balance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You showed up and did it anyway and kept the momentum going. I think March is full of not so great days and then some sparks of inspiration! (At least for me.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes we have to write crap to get to the good stuff. Hang in there - it will come! I see a slice in the cat story!!

    ReplyDelete