Wednesday, March 13, 2019

SOL #13 Refresh.... Click...

Refresh...
Click.
2 likes still 2 likes.  Lets see what else is going on.  Weird puppy meme, another bad singing video, her new haircut.  40 likes? Ten hearts in comments?
Refresh...
Click.
Still 2 likes.
I knew mom shouldn't have posted it.  Nobody cares that my poem got chosen for the magazine. At least I'm not the one posting my stupid haircut.  "OMG!!  YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!!" 43 likes?!
It looks exactly the same as yesterday.
Refresh...
Click.
oh 3 likes and a new comment.
Oh Jeez.  Grandma! 
"That's my baby girl! I knew my little bookworm would become famous someday!"
Hardly famous, Grandma.  Just 3 likes and Grandmas don't count.
Refresh...
Click.
I guess it was kind of a big deal that my poem was chosen for the high school magazine.  I don't think too many middle schoolers get chosen.
Refresh...
Click.
Oh good. Another kissy emoji for DuckFace's stupid haircut.
Refresh...
Click.
Refresh...
Click.
Click.
Click.

8 comments:

  1. Checking for comments and likes can become addicting. You really captured it here and I enjoyed your commentary on it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that we do get disappointed when there are so few likes and comments. The other day I opened the blog I wrote and there were no comments. That was a first ever. I am definitely interested in the poem chosen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. There is no poem. In my slices I'm trying to capture a young girl and using the inspiration of my day. For instance, I was having difficulty staying on task during professional development and I asked myself, "What if this was a young girl in class?"

      Delete
    2. Your comment here is the best part of the slice! Now that I know your thought process - this is hilarious! But it is so true...she says hiding her face!

      Delete
  3. Yep. We’re all metaphorically Pavlov’s dogs on social media. I’ve started limiting myself when it comes to checking comments. It’s easy to get lost in the pseudo approval.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is something that comes with experience and recognition. Very good post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all for your comments. In some of my posts I used a slice of my day and then asked, "what if this was a young girl...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a typical teen life!

    ReplyDelete