Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Learning is Hard

Learning is hard for our students because we ask them to try something new, be engaged and continue to show enthusiasm.  
I get frustrated when my students are not engaged and enthusiastic at trying something new.  I am even more frustrated with the educators around me who complain that new is hard.  
So here I am trying something new.  I am going to commit to blogging and show my enthusiasm even though I am finding this hard.
I am filled with doubt that I will find something to blog about, that my ideas will be of any value to others, that I will remain engaged and continue to show enthusiasm.  

2 comments:

  1. 'New' is especially hard when you are expected to own it immediately and are evaluated for the quality of that ownership. New sometimes takes away from that personal connection until you are able to find it. There always seems to be a rush into 'new'. Why can't it be played with for awhile?
    Ideas are living things that tease the mind. They are always valuable. Some people now have the time to think about ideas and respond...so don't feel like you are wasting your time! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to read your new blog! When we are learning something new, the "why" is so important. If kids (and us) don't understand why this new thing to learn will make a positive difference in their lives, hard to be enthusiastic or invested. As teachers, we don't always get a choice in what we teach but how we teach it might make the difference in engagement and excitement. Consider linking your blog to the Two Writing Teachers Slice of Life Tuesday posts...you will become part of a community of teachers and writers! (www.twowritingteachers.org)

    ReplyDelete