Wednesday, November 9, 2016

I Like to Moose it, Moose it!

My three year old loves this song.  In his three year old language it sounds like Moose it!  Doesn't every kid like to move it?  As all children are, my 3 year old, my five year old and my classroom full of nine year olds are bundles of potential energy.  Potential energy turns to kinetic energy and we need to harness and focus that energy.
Go Noodle is a teacher's and child's gift.  They love the silliness, the break from hard work and the fun of getting down!!  Sometimes I feel the pressure to get more school stuff packed into my day and it just leaves us all feeling so stressed.  Go Noodle gives are brains, bodies and hearts a break and then we are ready to attack the next task.  The best benefit I have found is that it helps me see them as the cute, adorable gifts they are.  I can't help smile as I watch them bust a move.
Oh and as a working mom, Go Noodle is a great activity for those underfooters while I am making dinner!!
Moose It!!!

2 comments:

  1. I also love Go Noodle! When I taught kindergarten, Dr. Jean was my lifesaver and she had lots of "brain break " songs back before I had a smart board. Now that I teach 3rd grade and have a smart board, Go Noodle is just the thing! We all feel better after dancing. This week, I took my kids to see the Trolls movie which was totally adorable. My son, who is in kindergarten, danced without any reservations- totally busting a move at the end of the movie when "I've Got That Feeling" came on. Seeing him dance was the perfect way to end a difficult day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- Love the name of your blog and love fairy tales, too.

    ReplyDelete