Saturday, March 30, 2019

SOL #30 Slice of Sunny Spring Saturday

Screen Shot 2017-12-02 at 6.09.23 AM
The errands are done and I'm returning home.  One text from one son's friend, a returned call to the other son's friend, plus a quick recruitment of some other neighbors and an impromptu, old fashioned playdate has begun. The back door flys open and closed as more and more weapons resurrect from the basement to supply the battle that has ensued in the back yard.  Armored warriors hang from the base as fighters fly in on the swing. Swords and light sabers lash through the air as pistols and lasers "Pew! Pew! Pew!"
 Little high pitched voices narrate and revise the show that I watch from the kitchen window.
"Im coming to help!"
"Back to the base"
They are playing "Fortnight" the same way my brothers and I played "Star Wars." My mind flips back to the summers of the eighties and forwards to the approaching long days of my boys magical summer.  Childhood is sweet.



1 comment:

  1. Hopefully their version of Fortnite is more tame than the original. Hard to believe that we are on the way to summer break, it still feels really far away at some moments and all too close at others. I love that your kids have friends and fun on their weekend agenda!

    ReplyDelete